QUINTA DE PINDELA

Quinta de Pindela is an 80-hectare estate located in the region of the Minho. It occupies a wide valley in the village of S. Tiago da Cruz, 5 km away from the city of Vila Nova de Famalicão, in the district of Braga.

It is a typical, organic farm, with an old manor house surrounded by a large and variegated wood. This wood, with old and rare trees, is the habitat for many Mediterranean species of animals. Three huge 150 years old trees were recently classified as "Public Interest":

  • Tulip Tree (liriodendron tulipífera): Height - 25 meters; girth - 12 meters
  • Sequoia: Height - 40 meters; girth - 5 meters
  • Pseudotsuga: Height - 30 meters; girth - 6 meters

The manor house was built in the 15th century. The chapel, dedicate to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception was built in 1661. At the end of the nineteenth century a new wing was built, including a Romanic tower.
Next to the house, there is a beautiful 19th century garden, with a small lake and two fountains. An old stone-made aqueduct is still used to carry the spring water to the house.

Pindela's house, farm and forest are classified as a "Public Interest Heritage" since 2012.

Visitors are invited to stay in the old caretakers' houses, which are typical cottages from the Minho region, with huge granite walls. These old stone houses have been entirely refurbished in order to offer a comfortable and pleasant stay for our visitors. Guests will certainly enjoy a quiet and peaceful stay in total privacy!